Ready to get a near-perfect planting? John Deere technology is here to help.
No more chains, drive arms, sprockets, hydraulic motors and other wear parts, which are all replaced by high-reliability electric motors. Get an accurate population and even spacing by decreasing vibrations that cause doubles and skips and increase your planting accuracy.
Plus, get accurate planting on a curve with curve compensation technology.
The ExactEmerge™ planter’s state-of-the-art, exclusive technology ensures performance, reliability and precision in your planting. It helps you increase your planting speed (up to 16.1 km/h) while ensuring unwavering accuracy and consistency in seed spacing so that you can make the most of your planting window.
SeedStar™ 3 HP Monitoring
With access to critical information about your planting and your planter, SeedStar™ 3 HP helps you make the necessary adjustments and decisions to improve your planting.
View the following information:
- Singulation (seed release performance)
- Unit downforce
- Ground contact
In addition, you have access to the following features:
- Row-by-row performance monitoring
- On-screen display and control of the down force system
- Different coloured icons for better visibility and a simplified experience
- Mapping of the target population and the planted population
- Controller that can be reprogrammed remotely by our staff (using JDLink™)
- Pressure alarm for liquid fertilizer
- Automatic quick start to make sure the feeder is full when restarting after a shutdown
SeedStar™ 4HP Advanced Seed Monitoring
Compatible with ExactEmerge™ and MaxEmerge™ 5E planters, SeedStar™ 4HP lets you easily view your planter’s performance. Whether it’s to display multiple bar graphs/performance data at once or use the zoom feature, you’ll stay in control of your planter and planting.
In addition to the information provided by SeedStar™ 3, you will be able to:
- View multiple performance charts at the same time
- Navigate between the three default work set-up pages or create a custom one based on your preferences
- Use the zoom feature
- Make adjustments to the planter
- Easy adjust configurations from the work set-up page
- Use up to six different planting rates at the same time
Pneumatic furrow closing system
To achieve the best possible emergence:
- All seeds should be planted at the same depth and in soil where humidity and temperature are consistent
- The emergence of the first seed to the last must occur within a maximum of 24 hours.
- The seed must be in contact with the soil.
The seed must be in contact with the soil so that it absorbs the heat and moisture necessary for its germination. A tightly closed furrow ensures optimal seed-soil contact. Adjust the pressure on your closing wheels without leaving your cab.
With more than 25 positions, you will be able to precisely adjust the pressure applied by the furrow closing system based on field conditions.
Individual row downforce control
Emergence is the factor that has the greatest impact on your return potential. John Deere’s Individual Row Hydraulic Downforce system (IRHD) ensures optimal soil contact for each of your planter’s units. This automatically adjusts according to changing field conditions (type of soil, compaction, residue).
Row cleaner adjustment system
Residue is a limiting factor in achieving your optimal yield potential.
- prevent the soil from warming up quickly
- have an impact on the performance of the emergence (depth of seeding and germination), pre-emergent herbicides, and the furrow closing system.
The row cleaner adjustment system allows you to adjust the tool’s aggressiveness according to the field conditions.
The vacuum level has a direct effect on the planter’s singulation performance. If the suction is too low, some seeds will be missing in the furrow and, conversely, if the suction is too high, you will have doubles. With automated vacuum control, suction remains constant throughout changing field conditions. Program the desired vacuum level and the system will control the hydraulic flow of the oil outlet to maintain constant suction.
This technology automates the planter’s folding to switch it from transport mode to planting mode and vice versa. This will help you save time spent configuring equipment when you arrive on the field.
ExactRate™ helps you reduce your input costs, minimize your exposure to chemicals, and quickly detect variations in applications to prevent input over- or under-application.
- 1% to 12% (4.3% on average) reduction in product application thanks to row-by-row control
- Rates up to 20% more accurate in curves compared to the system without curve compensation
- Change rates quickly and/or execute prescriptions without changing orifices
- Adapts to speed changes by making sure to keep the target rate
- In-cab flow detection and monitoring system
Already own a planter and are satisfied with it but want to take advantage of the latest technology? Ask us! Most of this technology can be added to certain John Deere planters.